At MCT Electrical Services we put safety first whether it is for your home or business.
When did you last check the condition of your cables, switches and sockets and other electrical items? Faulty and old wiring is one of the main causes of fire within the home. The condition of your electrical installation should be checked at least every 10 years as your electrical installation can suffer from wear and tear. So what can you do to make sure your home is safe?
A condition report will:
- Show the results of an inspection and testing to make sure the electrical instillation is safe
- Report any wear and tear which may affect safety
- Ensure the electrical installations meet the IET wiring regulations and report any parts that do not meet the relevant standards
- Look for anything that may cause electric shocks or excessively high temperatures
- A record of the report will be stored and used for future inspection testing
There are two types of domestic installation reports:
Visual condition report which is suitable if your electrical installation has been tested recently as this report does not include testing
Periodic inspection report which is recommended as it tests the installation and would find any damage.
For further information we recommend the following Electrical Safety First report (May 2015) click here
If you are unsure if you need a condition report you can check the following:
- Do you have fixed cables which are coated in black rubber (these are pre 1960’s)
- Fixed cables coated in lead or fabric (pre 1960’s)
- Does your fuse box have a wooden back or do you have a mixture of fuse boxes
- Old style round pin sockets (or light switches)
- Braided flex hanging from the ceiling roses
The above is just a sample of what could be out of date electrical installations. If you are unsure we can arrange to visit your property and advice on what should be changed in order to make your property safe and bring it up to the present safety regulations.
Call MCT Electrical Services on 01283 240264 for more information or to arrange a home visit or complete our online enquiry form and a member of our team will contact you.